Chili con VerdesIngredients:
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 small onions, finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely chopped
2 large carrots, diced
2 medium parsnips, diced
1 red pepper, diced
3 small zucchini, cut in small chunks
3-4 large kale leaves, stems removed, leaves roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt and pepper
4 cups pureed tomato
3 cups cooked red kidney beans
3 cup water
1. Add olive oil to large pot with remaining 1 teaspoon of the cumin seeds and the mustard seeds. Cook on medium-low for 1 min until seeds begin to pop.
3. Add your all chopped vegetables (except the zucchini and kale) with cocoa powder, cinnamon, chili powder and good pinch of salt and pepper to the pot and sauté on medium for 10 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
4. Add kidney beans, and tomato puree. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 mins.
6. Add zucchini and 1 cup water. Cook for another 20 mins.
7. Add chopped kale leaves and remove from heat. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Kale leaves will become a beautiful vibrant green color.
8. Serve in bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro (optional).
Science of chili: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ubX_eg32oH4PrU9VsVHWjcBrS86nsEYsmhwsPGHbSrQ/edit?usp=sharing