Baked Parsnip and Sweet Potato Chips
1 small sweet potato
1 Tbs. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cocoa rub (see chicken recipe here: http://aisu-cookingintensive.blogspot.com/2015/06/iron-chef-chicken.html )
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peal parsnip, you can leave the peel on the sweet potato.
3. Cut veggies into good sized sliced
4. In a bowl, add the chips, olive oil and spices.
5. Use your hand to make sure all chips are coated evenly.
6. On a foil lined baking sheet, spread evenly and cook for 25-30 minutes depending on your oven.
7. Remove and serve
The Science of Baking Vegetables:
The vegetables cook quickly—many vegetables take only 20-25 minutes—but they still have a chance to brown nicely on the outside by the time they become tender inside. It’s very important that you cut the vegetables in pieces of about the same size. Unevenly sized pieces won’t roast and brown in the same amount of time, and you’ll end up with both over-roasted and under-roasted vegetables. If the vegetable pieces cover the pan sparsely, arrange them more toward the edges of the pan. Pieces near the edge brown better due to conduction.